It's almost time for one of our favorite times of the year, Random Acts of Kindness Week. The goal of this week is to spread kindness in small ways that can make a big impact. The origins of Random Acts of Kindness can be dated back to 1995. Quickly making popularity, this celebrated week gains more and more steam with each year!
Random Acts of Kindness Week is celebrated beginning February 17th every year. Coincidence that it is celebrated during the month of love...we think not! Make plans to spread kindness and love on others this week. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Leave money taped to a vending machine.
- Pay for the groceries of the person checking out before you.
- Leave quarters at the laundromat.
- Fill up the gas tank of the person in line behind you.
- Buy lunch for the person behind you in the drive-thru.
- Let the others in line go before you.
- Contact your local animal shelter to see what supplies they need most
- Is there a nursing home close to you? Their residents truly enjoy baskets of personal care products. Contact the administration to get a list of items that could be helpful.
- Clean out closets and playrooms. Take your gently used items to be a blessing to someone else!
- Write an inspirational quote in sidewalk chalk.
- Leave positive notes on post-it notes in public places.
- Leave a compliment for a waiter or waitress with a generous tip.
- Write inspirational scripture verses in random places.
- Hand-deliver a gift to a neighbor.
- Leave a goodie box for your mail carrier on your front porch with waters, candy, snacks and more.
- Leave a goodie box for your garbage carriers.
- Take cupcakes or goodies to your local fire department or police station.
- Grab lunch for a busy co-worker.
- Have family or friends over for dinner.
- Open the door for people behind you.
- Smile at strangers.
- Wish everyone you see a blessed day.
- Make conversation while waiting in line.
- Greet your friends and family with a hug.
- Send someone an encouraging text.
- Send a thank-you note.
- Send a "Just Because" gift like one of these options.
Want more ideas? Check out https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/. Their website is full of information and inspiration!
Spreading kindness doesn't have to be complicated or take a lot of time. The simplest act can mean so much. Join us in making kindness contagious!
Don't miss out on any of our acts of kindness challenges in the future! Join our email list today!